Sunday, January 16, 2011

Joining the 31-day reset craze...

So, now that two of my friends have begun the #31dayreset with good feedback, and I've been feeling pretty depressed and powerless lately, so I decided: why not go for it? I haven't blogged in over a year, and as you can see from the grand total of 2 previous posts I wasn't that committed to it when I was doing it lol. This time, however, I hope to use this space to talk about the reset as I think my main issue with blogging is that I had trouble coming up with something to actually write about, and, well, here we go, a ready-made topic! Also, concentrating on a daily writing task will hopefully provide some focus in my life, which has become rather unfocused of late. Other than work, I seem to spend most of my time sleeping and watching TV and crying most of the time, which isn't healthy, obviously. Perhaps if I can throw some energy into this I'll be more motivated to get out of bed and less afraid of, well, everything than I have been recently.

The first step, other than picking a notebook (a large blue moleskine for which I've been searching for a use for some time now), is to pick a personal mantra. I found a quote from Audre Lorde, which I love and is very applicable to my life:

“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”

I'll continue to blog about the reset as it continues, and, hey, maybe someone will read this eventually!

2 comments:

  1. i'm reading! yay! glad you're doing the reset - i loved it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started my reset too and my life is in about the same state as yours is.. or I should say was because now we are on a path to starting over. I love your mantra because doubt and fear have been the biggest immobilizers in my life.

    I'll be reading your post and here's to making some big changes and daring to be powerful!

    ReplyDelete